Effective Date: 09 March 2020
Our website can generally be used without having to provide personal information. If personal data such as your name, address, e-mail address or company is collected on our webpages, you provide this information voluntarily, unless specified otherwise. We will not share this data with third parties without your express consent.
We expressly point out that there may be security vulnerabilities when transferring data online or electronically (such as when communicating by e-mail). As a result, such data cannot be protected completely against being accessed by third parties.
Contact details published as part of providing the disclosure information may not be used by third parties to transmit advertising or other information that has not been expressly requested. The operators of the webpages expressly reserve the right to take legal action if unsolicited promotional information is sent (e.g. in the form of ‘spam’).
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have the right to be informed (free of charge) at any time of the data being held about you, its origin and recipient and the purpose for which it is used, as well as the right to such data being corrected, blocked or deleted. If you have any questions about personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com. If you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection law or if your data protection claims have been violated in any other way, you can complain to the supervisory authority. In Austria, this is the data protection authority („Datenschutzbehörde“).
ANALYTICS / STATISTICS
This website is using Matomo, an Open Source, self-hosted software for collecting anonymous and unidentifiable usage statistics for this website. Self-hosted means that no data is sent to third parties and therefore does not leave the European Union.
The data is used to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls like not found pages, search engine indexing issues and to find out which contents are the most appreciated. Once the data (number of visitors reaching not found pages, viewing only one page, etc.) is processed, Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content, etc.
Matomo is processing the following data:
- First Party Cookies
- _pk_id#: Expires after 12 months (used to store a few details about the user such as a random unique visitor ID which cannot be used to identify a particular visitor)
- _pk_ref#: Expires after 6 months (used to store the attribution information, the referrer initially used to visit the website)
- _pk_ses#: Expires after 30 minutes (short lived cookie used to temporarily store anonymous data for the visit e.g. pages viewed by the same user)
- _pk_testcookie: Created and should be then directly deleted (used to check whether the visitor’s browser supports cookies)
- MATOMO_SESSID: The opt-out feature creates this temporary cookie (it is called a nonce and helps prevent CSRF security issues).
- piwik_ignore: When you exclude yourself from being tracked using the opt-out feature, Matomo will create this cookie. Please note that it does not contain personal information or any ID and the cookie value is the same for all visitors. It will expire after 2 years to save your choice for future visits (if you don’t delete your cookies in your browser in the meantime).
- Anonymised IP-address by removing the last 2 bytes (e.g. 198.51.xxx.xxx) making it impossible to identify a particular visitor via the IP address
- Location of the User – country, region, city (generated using the full IP-address for statistical purposes before the anonymisation mask is applied and a database with limited coverage and accuracy distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.)
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (if the page allows it)
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Browser version including plugins (PDF, Flash, Java)
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
- Site Searches
- Not found pages (HTTP header “Status: 404 Not Found”)
The processing of personal data is based on legitimate interests. Processing your personal data such as cookies is helping us to improve our website and services. Your data is only used to improve the user experience on our website. However you are free to object to the tracking of your (anonymised and unidentifiable) data by using the following opt-out feature or by enabling DoNotTrack in your browser, as Matomo respects this setting by default.
When you send us enquiries using our contact form, the data provided in the form (including the contact details) is used by us solely for the purpose of processing your request and answering any subsequent questions. We will never share this data with third parties without your permission.
If you wish to subscribe to the newsletter on our website, we need your e-mail address, along with information that enables us to prove that the specified e-mail address belongs to you and that you have provided your consent to receive the newsletter. As soon as you have subscribed to the newsletter, we will send you a confirmation e-mail with a link to confirm the registration. No other data is collected. We will use this data solely for sending you the requested information; it is not shared with third parties. You may at any time revoke your consent to us saving your data and e-mail address and using them to send the newsletters, either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or with the opt-out button in a newsletter.
REQUEST ACCESS / REGISTRATION FORMS
When you request access or register for one of our products, the data provided in the form (including the contact details) is stored by us for the purpose of processing your request. We will never share this data with third parties without your permission. You may at any time revoke your consent to us saving your data for the purpose of acting as beta tester by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please be aware that we might check the correctness of the data your provide, especially the type of your institution, when requesting access to one of our products.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT
Although the content of these webpages has been created with utmost care, we assume no liability for it being correct, complete or up-to-date. According to TKG 2003, we, as a service provider, are responsible for our own content on these webpages in accordance with general legislation. However, we are not obliged to monitor transmitted or saved external information or to investigate circumstances that may constitute illegal activities. This does not affect our obligation to remove or restrict access to information in accordance with the generally applicable laws. We will delete such content immediately upon becoming aware of any rights infringements.
LIABILITY FOR LINKS
Our own website contains links to external websites whose content we have no control or influence over. We therefore assume no liability for such content. The provider or operator of the linked pages is solely responsible for the content of those pages. The linked pages were checked for any potential infringements at the time that the link was created and no illegal content was discovered. Without being made aware of an infringement, we cannot reasonably be expected to monitor the content continuously. We will delete the corresponding links immediately upon becoming aware of any rights violations.
The content of these webpages is subject to Austrian copyright law. It may only be reproduced, edited, translated, distributed or used beyond the scope of the copyright with written permission from the corresponding author or creator. Furthermore, this website may only be copied or downloaded for non-commercial or personal use. If this website contains content that was not created by the operator, the copyrights relating to this content have been respected. Third-party content is identified accordingly. However, if you believe there may be an infringement of copyright, please inform us and we will delete such content immediately.
SERVER LOG FILES
The provider of the webpages automatically collects information that your browser transmits to us and stores it in log files. This information comprises:
- Website URL
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name and IP address of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
This data cannot be associated with specific people. The data is not combined with data from other sources. We reserve the right to check this data retroactively if we have specific reason to believe that it is being used unlawfully.
Since IP addresses are personal data, they are no longer evaluated and displayed in the access statistics of the respective website. The IP addresses have already been removed from old statistics files.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Phenaris Softwareentwicklungs und -consulting GmbH
Maria-Jacobi-Gasse 1, 1030 Vienna Austria
Commercial Registry Number: FN 491022 t
Commercial court: Vienna
Member of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
WKO company index